J-2 Exchange Visitor

A J-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States for spouses and dependents of J-1 exchange visitors.

The J-2 Visa is suitable for:

  • A person admitted on a J-2 visa is not permitted to take up employment in the United States unless they are granted a work permit.
  • Visitors to the United States on the J-2 visa are permitted to study without having to apply for an F-1 (Student) visa.
  • The J-2 visa expires and becomes invalid at the same time as the corresponding J-1 visa.