J-1 Waiver

The J-1 Waiver is Suitable For:
Persons subject to two-year foreign residence requirement and want to change their status including:

  • Medical graduates who entered the U.S. on a J-1 visa and wish to remain in the U.S. beyond the authorized time for J status
  • Foreign nationals participating in exchange programs funded by the U.S. government, foreign government or an international organization
  • Foreign nationals in exchange programs for learning skills that are in short supply in foreign national’s home country
  • J-1 visa holders subject to the two-year home residency requirement
  • J-1 visa holders, if complying with foreign residence requirement would impose exceptional hardship upon their spouse or children (if such spouse or child is a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident)
  • J-1 visa holders with a no objection certificate from their home country government
  • J-1 visa holders working on projects that are of interest to a U.S. Federal Government agency, and that agency has determined that the J-1 visa holder’s continued stay in the U.S. is vital to its programs
  • J-1 physicians or medical doctors, with a request for waiver from a designated State Department of Health, or its equivalent