Archive › Maintain Legal Permanent Resident Stauts

US Permanent Residents Living in Canada Beware!

While it may technically be legal and appropriate for a US Permanent Resident living in Canada to file a US non-resident tax return (1040NR), as an immigration lawyer with over a decade of experience helping Canadians maintain their permanent resident status, I can tell you that it won’t be looked favorably on by either US […]

Comments ( 0 )

How Can I Maintain my Permanent Resident Status While Living Abroad?

United States Permanent Resident (PR) Status requires the holder of such status to have her “permanent” or primary residence in the United States.  Therefore, if a PR is considering leaving the United States to take up residence in another country for at least one year she is at risk of losing her PR status.  In fact, an […]

Comments ( 3 )